Welcome to Week 29 of the HPMUNC Newsletters!
– Make sure you fill out the food form on the HPMUNC google classroom for CJMUNC if you are attending CJMUNC either as staff or as a delegate!!
– Donate to Yaya’s GoFundMe concerning earthquake relief in Turkey and Syria. All proceeds go to Doctors without borders.
– This week’s debate topic is the Censorship of Education!
– We will have to redo this debate due to the lack of people showing up last week!!
This week’s articles are
– Another mass shooting has erupted in Texas with eight people killed and at least seven others wounded. The police have not been able to find a motive but it appears that the gunman was extensive on social media and followed multiple neo-Nazis and white supremacists. There have been 202 mass shootings in the United States over the last year, having more shootings than days so far in 2023. The citizens of Allen, Texas grieve for the community, the lost ones, and their loved ones.
– More than 110 wildfires burned across Alberta, Canada. More than 24,000 people were forced to leave their homes during the disaster. High winds in the area have only contributed further to the issue and have caused the blazes to increase. Additionally, the hot and dry conditions will most likely cause other areas to go ablaze. Canadians are on watch as these conditions can cause the fires to reignite once again.