Hello HP MUNC Members,
- CJMUNC 2018 is just 2 weeks away and spots are running out fast, make sure to get all your friends to sign up ASAP regardless of their MUN experience.
- Check our website calendar for information on any upcoming events.
- The conference will take place on Saturday, May 19th, 2018 at Highland Park High School.
- Topic Briefs have been posted for each committee at CJMUNC 2018. Topic briefs can be found here.
- Registration for CJMUNC 2018 is now open. To register for CJMUNC 2018 please follow this link and fill out the form.
- Committee Selection is now open for CJMUNC 2018. To select your committee and your role please follow this link to the committee selection sheet. A list of committees and topics can be found here.
- If you are attending CJMUNC we expect you to bring a dish, and there will be a 5$ discount for anyone who brings a dish. Please fill out this lunch form to bring a dish.
- Contact us at email@example.com or visit our website for more information or assistance with registration.
- There will be a debate about sex education, that will take place directly after school at 3:00 P.M on Thursday, May 10th. The debate will take place in Mr. Gold’s room.
- A list of all future debates can be found on the website.
- Want to debate a particular subject? Suggest a debate topic on our website (HPMUNC.com), or talk to a HP MUNC officer!
- This week’s articles are, “Is China the World’s New Colonial Power?”, by Brook Larmer, “Is China a Colonial Power?” by James L. Milward and http://www.chinaafricaproject.com/category/podcast/. The first article gives a in depth summary and overview of China’s involvement in Africa and the recent developments they have taken in the region to exert more power. The second article is an opinion piece that speaks about how China appears to be taking on a role of colonial power in Africa as well as in Asia. The third link goes to a series of podcasts that discuss China and China’s role and actions in developing nations. What are your thoughts on the articles? Is China a colonial power? How do you think the US should respond? Come discuss on our forums with other HP MUNC members.
- If you would like to discuss a certain subject, submit an article here.
Your HP MUNC Officers