Hello HP MUNC Members,
- Check our website calendar for information on any upcoming events.
- MIMUN committee assignments have been posted on the website.
- MIMUN position papers are due on Friday, February 16th on classroom.
- All those participating in MIMUN this year must attend at least two debates before the conference (MIMUN Debate Attendance can be found on the website).
- There will be TWO debates this week, on Tuesday and Thursday. Both will start at 3:00pm in Mr. Gold’s room.
- On Tuesday, February 13th, there is a debate on the Rohingya Crisis in Myanmar:
- On Thursday, February 15th, there is a debate about the Warsaw Pact, that is historical. The debate will take place in 1961. Please prepare as a member of the governments in the Warsaw Pact (list and background found here: https://www.thoughtco.com/warsaw-pact-countries-1435177) Consider what steps the group can take to expand the sphere of communism worldwide.
- Remember if you wish to go to MIMUN then you must attend 2 debates.
- MIMUN Debate Attendance can be found on the website.
- A list of all future debates can be found on the website.
- Want to debate a particular subject? Suggest a debate topic on our website (HPMUNC.com), or talk to a HP MUNC officer!
- This week’s articles are “North Korea heading for diplomacy gold medal at Olympics” by Soyoung Kim and James Pearson and “The Quiet Diplomacy to Save the Olympics in a Nuclear Standoff” by Jane Perlez, Choe Sang-Hun and Rebecca Ruiz. These articles discusses the olympics in South Korea and the diplomacy surrounding the North Korean team’s attendance and the unified women’s hockey team. What are your thoughts on the articles? What is your response to the first article? How do you view the unified team? Come discuss on our forum with other HP MUNC members.
- If you would like to discuss a certain subject, submit an article here.
Your HP MUNC Officers