Hello HP MUNC Members,
- Check our website calendar for information on any upcoming events.
- RMC Tryouts will be held on Tuesday, February 6th and Thursday, February 8th. The topic is DACA and if the program should continue into the future or in what capacity it should continue in. Sign up sheets will be posted on the bulletin board across from Mr. Gold’s room. If you want to go to RMC you must attend one of these tryouts.(Information regarding tryout exceptions will be sent directly to those eligible for exemptions through email)
- There will be a mandatory MIMUN meeting Monday, January 22 at lunch for all those attending MIMUN.
- All those participating in MIMUN this year must attend at least two debates before the conference.
- There will be a UN debate about Nuclear Energy, that will take place directly after school at 3:00 P.M on Thursday, January 25th. The debate will take place in Mr. Gold’s room.
- Relevant Reading can be found here:
- Scroll to the bottom for information on specific countries
- Remember to also do research specific to the group or country you plan to represent.
- Remember if you wish to go to MIMUN then you must attend 2 debates.
- MIMUN Debate Attendance can be found on the website.
- A list of all future debates can be found on the website.
- Want to debate a particular subject? Suggest a debate topic on our website(HPMUNC.com), or talk to an HP MUNC officer!
- This week’s articles are “Women’s March 2018: Thousands of Protesters Take to the Streets” by The New York Times and “Trump tweets support of Women’s March that’s also protesting…him” by Ray Sanchez and “The Women’s March Became a Movement. What’s Next?” by Susan Chira. These articles discuss the 2018 Women’s March and the public response and reception to the march. The articles also discuss the responses by various key politicians from both sides of the political spectrum. The third article discusses the Women’s March in conjunction with the #MeToo movement and its profound effects. What are your thoughts on the articles? Do you support the Women’s March and the #MeToo movement? How do you expect these movements to continue? Come discuss on our forums with other HP MUNC members.
- If you would like to discuss a certain subject, submit an article here.
Your HP MUNC Officers