Hello HP MUNC Members,
- RMC Tryouts will be coming up soon so make sure to stay on the lookout.
- Check our website calendar for information on any upcoming events.
- All those participating in MIMUN this year must attend at least two debates before the conference.
- There will be a debate about Universal Basic Income, that will take place directly after school at 3:00 P.M on Thursday, January 18th. The debate will take place in Mr. Gold’s room.
- Relevant Reading can be found here:
- Remember if you wish to go to MIMUN then you must attend 2 debates.
- MIMUN Debate Attendance can be found on the website.
- A list of all future debates can be found on the website.
- Want to debate a particular subject? Suggest a debate topic on our website(HPMUNC.com), or talk to a HP MUNC officer!
- This week’s articles are “A DACA Question: Should Judges Use Local Cases to Halt National Orders?” by Katie Benner and “The Dangerous Precedent Set by Judicial Attacks on Trump’s Travel Ban” by David Frum. These articles discuss a new developing theme in American Judicial rulings, where judges are stopping major national executive orders made by President Trump. What are your thoughts on the the arguments of the articles? Do you think the judges are justified in their rulings? Come discuss on our forums with other HP MUNC members.
- If you would like to discuss a certain subject, submit an article here.
Your HP MUNC Officers